MS on Artificial Intelligence for International Students (CGU-AIM)
✦ Leading research university and international college in Taiwan
✦ 1+1 Master's Program with full scholarship
✦ Internship at top Taiwan tech companies ✦ European applicants highly encouraged to apply
About CGU CoIC
The College of Intelligent Computing (CoIC), established in 2022 at Chang Gung University (CGU) in Taiwan, is dedicated to advance the science, engineering and applications of Artificial Intelligence.
In CoIC, we not only strive to teach and develop the theoretical science of AI, but also actively collaborate with local high-tech companies and the global AI industry. Our mission is to cultivate future leaders in intelligent computing who can contribute to the rapid and strategic adoption of AI for the benefit of human society.
The Artificial Intelligence Master's(AIM) degree program is an all-English, 2-year program designed for international students.
It is structured in an 1+1 format: one year on-campus study plus one year industrial internship at Taiwanese high tech companies, such as the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), MediaTek and others.
Graduation requirements include taking courses, on-site internship and a project report. No thesis required.
CGU-AIM students are fully funded for both years with monthly stipend and tuition and fees waiver.
Scholarship and Internship Benefits
- Tuition and fees waiver, free accommodation, and monthly stipend for 2 years.
- Integrated internship: on-site training in actual corporate environment, working alongside industrial professionals with guidance from industry and university mentors.
- Free Mandarin courses (‘summer intensive program’ or ‘in-semester program’).
How to Apply?
- Check your eligibility to apply as an International Student according to the "MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan".
- Follow the CGU Office of International Affairs’ Admission Guidelines to complete your online registration in the Application System for International Students.
- Submit all the required documents in the Application System.
- Separately, submit your CGU-AIM scholarship application form (download here) to email@example.com
*Note: International Student applying for general (non-internship) Master’s degree program on Artificial Intelligence follows the same procedures from step1 to step 3 as listed above.
• October 23, 2023 - November 30, 2023
• December 18, 2023 - February 23, 2024
• March 11, 2024 - May 26, 2024
• August 1, 2024 - September 29, 2024
Courses Offered (For 2023 Admission)
| Required |
- Introduction to AI and Machine Learning
- Computer Vision
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Technical Literature Survey
- Corporate Internship (2 semesters)
| Elective |
- Artificial intelligence & Internet of Things
- Robot Learning
- Intelligent IC Design
- Bioinformatic Analysis
- Medical Image Processing
- Intelligent Medicine Engineering
- Clinical Informatics
- Blockchain Technologies: Foundation and Application
- Quantum Machine Learning
- Multiagent Systems
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Special Topic Research
Taiwan Employment Gold Card
The Taiwan Employment Gold Card is a combined visa, work permit, and residence permit. It comes with open-work rights, meaning the Gold Card holder can work for any companies or start his/her own business in Taiwan. The first issuance is valid for up to 3 years, and can be renewed if the holder continues to meet the eligibility requirements.
More information: https://goldcard.nat.gov.tw/en/about/
Foreign students graduated from CGU are eligible to apply and receive the Taiwan Employment Gold Card without having to leave and re-enter the country for visa status change.
Chang Gung University College of Intelligent Computing (CGU CoIC) reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions of the CGU-AIM program.